Monday, May 17, 2010

What To Say?

Right. Before I started, the first question I had to ask myself is what's a blog all about? The answer seems to be pretty broad. I scouted around a few others and a lot just seem to be an expansion of facebook or twitter where someone is talking about how many sheets of toilet paper they just used, or how they've just noticed that the milk is nearly empty and they'll have to get some more soon, or what a beautiful breeze it is from the south-west today.

Seeing as I don't have the time to describe my life in such detail, and more importantly, there really isn't much of interest to say, I am going to restrict my postings to my views on life and what I think it all means.

So who am I? What have I done? Where am I from? And why would anything I have to say be of interest? Does any of this matter?

Well, a brief overview of the facts are:


  • 43 years young (on the cusp of maturing);
  • married with 3.3 kids (guide/referee/sounding board/shoulder);
  • ex-carpenter (good with my hands);
  • ex-lawyer (good with my mind);
  • ex-bar manager (people watcher/listener/problem solver).

This range of factors has hopefully given me a balanced, rational and fair perspective on life, and I hope that through any of my future postings, in amongst all the lumps of coal, you can find and take away a small diamond every now and then.

No real subject matter or musings this time, but stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment